Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tonight!

It shall be an extravaganza!

I have been dying to make this Kesar Chaval recipe.  This dish is one of my favorite things about the Indian restaurant I used to go to all the time (note: currently, I'm waiting until I've added back in citrus to resume more of the dining...lime/lemon is in everything). 

So, to get my fix, I've decided to finally try making it at home.

I also need to monitor my spending better.  Partially I've been inspired by the $30/week challenge (blogged by these fine folks here) and also that I have many hobbies that are all expensive--knitting, marine nano-reef, kayaking--so I'd like to spend less on food.

So, if this recipe goes well, I'll have some rice in the fridge waiting for some lentils.  How to cook the lentils though...

I do have to say though, I'm tired of all the vegan blogs being GLUTEN GLUTEN WE MUST HAVE MORE GLUTEN.  Very disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment